Answered By: 4 Ref Last Updated: Feb 16, 2017 Views: 1
Answered By: 4 Ref
Last Updated: Feb 16, 2017 Views: 1
Please see the file below for instructions on how to request an Interlibrary Loan.
LOAN OF MATERIALS
- Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center (MSFRIC) extends limited extramural services to the libraries of other military schools, agencies and commands. Where possible, these services are also provided to the libraries of U.S. governmental agencies, research institutions and organizations, and, under certain conditions, to non-governmental libraries. Demand bibliographies or extensive research in response to non-AU requests cannot be provided. If extensive library research is required, personnel are invited to visit MSFRIC where guidance and assistance in use of the collection can be provided. The specific provisions of the National Interlibrary Loan Code (NILC) and the following general guidelines apply to the extramural loan of MSFRIC materials. Please complete an online request form. If you have any questions or need assistance, please review the attached file below contact Interlibrary Loan at 953-7223.
- Subject to demand at MSFRIC
- Available for 15 days loan from date of receipt of materials by borrower.
- Photocopies of articles from current and bound periodicals are provided when possible and within the limits of copyright law.
- Unclassified items are available for a seven-day loan and are renewable -- local demand and extra copies permitting.
- MSFRIC will not loan any publications held in the military documents collection (M-) for which there is only one copy.
- Reproduction of military documents (M-) by MSFRIC staff for ILL requests is limited to 15 pages.
- Air University student research papers are available when local demand and extra copies permit, and are limited to five per request. Papers are sent for 15 days loan (extensions not normally allowed).
- Retention copies of student papers cannot be provided, however, permission to reproduce these papers is granted to military organizations upon request.
- Organizations wishing to review large numbers of student papers should consider sending representatives to MSFRIC.
- Security classified items require "need-to-know" justification and assurance of proper handling, as well as the required security clearance through the security office.